Authors: R. K. Singal, Mridul Singal
Basics of Mechanical Engineering systematically develops the concepts and principles essential for understanding engineering thermodynamics, mechanics and strength of materials. This book is meant for first year B. Tech students of various technical universities. It will also be helpful for candidates preparing for various competitive examinations. At the end of this article, download Basics of Mechanical Engineering Pdf free.
Basics of Mechanical Engineering Features:
- Each chapter includes problems selected from university examination papers and question banks.
- Exhaustive question bank on theory problems at the end of each chapter.
- Includes all supplementary material required by the students like steam tables, section modulus.
- A large number of illustrative diagrams support the text, wherever required.
- S.I. Units used throughout.
- Each chapter has been summed up in easy to recall points.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1: What is Mechanical Engineering?
- Chapter 2: Units.
- Chapter 3: Engineering Scrutiny
- Chapter 4: Forces in Structure
- Chapter 5: Mechanics of Materials
- Chapter 6: Fluid Mechanics
- Chapter 7: Thermal and Energy Systems
- Chapter 8: Written and Oral Communication
- Appendix A: Design Projects
- Appendix B: Problem Solving Methodology
- Appendix C: Excel Tutorial
- Appendix D: Statistics